Challenge: Finding a sales conference promo suitable for celebrating a key milestone of the nation’s predominant music force
Wenner Media knew its upcoming annual sales conference would be different than those in years past; this year Wenner would be celebrating the 40th anniversary of an American icon: Rolling Stone Magazine. To celebrate in Rolling Stone’s velvet-rope style, the company wanted a promotional item that would tie into the anniversary while reflecting both the spirit and history of Rolling Stone.
Solution: A red leather, black suede, can’t-keep-your-hands-off-it conference padfolio
Keeping in mind that the promo item should be useful—it was for a sales conference, after all—we developed a custom-designed, Rolling-Stone sized red leather padfolio that mirrored the distinctive image of Rolling Stone and showcased its 40th anniversary. The oversized padfolio worked for several reasons:
- The red leather exterior appealed to the publication’s rock-n-roll crowd
- The debossed cover matched Rolling Stone’s 40th anniversary issue
- Custom black suede lining lent a touch of elegance suitable for long-time readers
- The oversized Rolling Stone Magazine fit neatly inside
- An interior notepad and pocket folder added function—conference attendees could easily takes notes and store conference materials in and travel with the padfolio
Result: A promo that’s not just about the promo; it’s about the things and attitudes the promo embraces
The custom padfolios topped the charts; they may even have become iconic themselves. Wenner employees loved how the custom details like red leather, black suede and a debossed cover tied into Rolling Stone’s character, style and 40th anniversary. They also loved toting the padfolios around during the conference, and still enjoy and use them today—long after the conference has passed.
Jot down some good ideas for promotions with branded Padfolios
Browse through more promotions related to the Publishing & Media Industry
Wenner Media Conference Gift (PDF Version)
Please log in
Or sign up for an account now