6 Fun and Useful Promotional Products To Include In Your New Hire Kits!
Posted in Ideas | September 10, 2010 by jason
Making your new employees feel welcome should be your first priority after you’ve made the decision to bring them on the team. One way to accomplish this goal is to prepare a “new hire kit,” which is a gift package that includes a combination of practical and fun items that will help your employee do their job, and make them feel welcomed at the same time. In the past, new hire kits have been shown to reduce employee turnover rates by as much as 50% or more!
When putting together a new hire kit, you’ll want to include items that your employee will be able to use on a regular basis. Things like logo pens, imprinted notepads, and promotional calendars fall under this category of practical items. Aside from these, you might want to show your employees that your company will be an enjoyable place to work. By including entertaining items like desk puzzles and games you can ease first day anxiety and relieve tension.
Here are a few products we recommend incorporating into your new hire kits.
- Promotional messenger bags or imprinted drawstring backpacks. To start the kit off, you’ll want some kind of bag or container to put the rest of the items inside of. Depending upon your budget, this can be anything from a high-end briefcase to an economical drawstring bag. This is the first item your employees will see, so be sure to make a good impression.
- Branded office supplies. If your employee is going to be working at a desk, include some essential office supplies to get them started. You can add a variety of items such as imprinted pens, logo calculators, and promotional notepads for daily use. These items are inexpensive and will get your new employees ready to work, while welcoming them at the same time. If you are unsure of what supplies to include, try getting a pre-packaged promotional desk set to make the choice easier.
- Promotional coffee mug. Promotional coffee mugs are another great addition to any new hire kit. Your employees keep their mugs nearby at all times and use it for any beverages they drink – not just coffee. Even if they aren’t coffee drinkers, mugs can be used to store pens and other desk supplies in one convenient container.
- Imprinted desk calendars. A calendar is an essential component of any workstation. Giving your employee an easily accessible promotional desk calendar will make it easier for them to keep track of deadlines and due dates, reducing stress one task at a time. Every time they use the calendar, they will be reminded of the company and its generous attention to detail.
- Branded stress balls. Adding a stress ball to the new hire kit is a very fun way of eliminating stress in an anxious new employee. Instead of biting their nails, employees can give the toy a few squeezes to let out some tension. Reduced stress levels allow your employees to work more efficiently. Branded stress balls also provide a way for employees to take a quick break at their desks and relieve strain whenever it builds.
- Imprinted desk puzzles. By including a fun desk puzzle in your new hire kit, you are sending a message that says work doesn’t mean you can’t have a good time. Employees will enjoy playing with puzzles during lunch breaks or whenever they need to get away from their tasks for a few minutes during the day. There are a wide variety of imprinted desk puzzles to choose from for your new hires.
These six products are some excellent choices to include in your own new hire kits. The balanced mix between useful office items and fun stress reducers and brainteasers is what makes a new hire kit most effective, so be sure to select products carefully if you decide to add more! You can browse our vast selection of promotional goods to find items that work best for your employees and reflect the company’s image or goals.
Return to Promotional Product Articles
Visit our Promotional Product Guides
Visit our Promotional Products Education Center