Top Five Promotional Travel Items for Business Travelers
Written by Mark Yokoyama
In recent years, the world has become more and more interconnected. The mass adoption of technologies like the Internet has made it more convenient to do business with people across the state, across the country and across the globe. While it’s made it easier to keep in touch with our clients and co-workers, situations still arise where it’s necessary to meet face to face, making business travel a common occurrence. In fact, Americans take over 405 million long- distance business trips annually to meet with clients and attend business conferences. As a business owner or manager, you should consider using promotional travel items.
Traveling for business provides a great opportunity to build stronger bonds with your clients and colleagues, which causes your business to grow. While some employees jump at any chance to travel, it’s still important to show your appreciation for their willingness to do so. By providing your employees with a few simple promotional products, you can simultaneously reward them for their hand in growing your company and make their lives a little easier– all while promoting your brand. Here are five promotional travel items to ensure your employees are more comfortable as they travel.
Promotional Travel Items
- Briefcases-Both business and pleasure travelers want to get through security as quickly and painlessly as possible, but laptops often complicate the plan-it’s difficult to remove your laptop from its case while simultaneously taking off your shoes and jacket. The right corporate briefcase can significantly simplify things. Security fast briefcases, for example, open flat like a book so that the laptop does not need to be removed from its compartment during screening. These unique briefcases are a great way to reward loyal employees for their frequent willingness to travel by making the security checkpoint less of a hectic juggling act. You can bet your logo will get noticed as everyone cranes their heads in jealousy to see the unique, time-saving bag on the conveyer belt.
- TSA Approved Toiletry Kits-We are all familiar with the security regulations that dictate no more than three ounces of any liquid may be taken aboard a plane in non-checked baggage, but sometimes it’s hard to find our favorite toiletries in sizes that small. TSA approved toiletry kits allow your employees to fill the empty bottles with their preferred shampoos and soaps without worrying that the bottles are too large to take on the plane. They’ll appreciate being able to take their preferred toiletries on their trip, as well as your thoughtful gesture to make the security line less of a hassle. Additionally, the bottles are screened through the clear plastic pouch with your company logo, so everyone at the security checkpoint will become acquainted with your brand.
- Ticket and Passport Holders- Organization is vital to the business traveler, and nothing may be more nerve-racking than thinking you’ve misplaced your boarding pass or passport. Giving your employees a ticket and passport holder ensures they’ll know where their important documents are at all times, letting them focus on the upcoming sales pitch or business meeting. These holders are usually made from leather, giving it a sleek, professional look, so your employees will know how much you value their readiness to travel. It’s something they can use every time they fly, expanding your brand beyond business into their personal life.
- Travel Amenities Kits-Flights are often a great time for busy employees to wind down and relax-especially if they’re flying across the country or overseas. Encourage your employees to rest to be at their best once the plane has landed with travel amenities kits. These kits include eye masks and neck pillows, so your employees can rest comfortably in any and all circumstances without being disturbed-giving the crew members and other travelers a good look at your company logo. Employees who travel for business are often overtired and don’t perform well, so reward them for their efforts by helping them get the rest they need to perform well for you.
- TSA Friendly Luggage Locks– For some longer business trips, checking bags may be unavoidable. Tell your employees you care about their comfort and security by giving them a TSA friendly luggage lock. TSA members have a master key to these locks that allows them to screen the luggage without breaking the lock, which ensures your employees’ belongings stay secure. Because this non-essential item is something not many would buy for themselves, your employees will value this reward as an enhancement to their travel experience by making it more convenient.
When your employees travel for business they are representing your company to your clients and colleagues, and they deserve to be rewarded for taking on this additional responsibility. By providing your employees with these small comforts you’ll ensure their trip is an enjoyable experience-and they in turn will do better work for you. Try things like personalized luggage tags, personalized money clips, magnetic game sets, and travel pillows.
Read More About Promotional Travel Items